My passion lies at the intersection of design and technology. I help foward-thinking brands build better products while achieving outstanding business results.
In 2006, I founded the award-winning remote web design agency, 45royale. Household names like Alienware, Articulate, Campaign Monitor, Foursquare, Kitewire Mobility, Mailchimp, Marvel, StubHub, and Tumblr have trusted me to turn complex ideas into useful, meaningful, and engaging product experiences. Get in touch ⇢
A few highlights...
- Hired, managed, and mentored an international team of 15 remote designers and developers
- Fostered and maintained 20+ multi-year partnerships and took hundreds of products to market
- Designed, built, and improved Foursquare’s marketing platform leading to their highest email click through rates ever while increasing open rates by 20%
- Created a responsive experience for TooJay's that increased their load speed by 333% and reduced visitor loss by 31%—making their site the fastest in their industry according to Google
- Designed systems that increased checking account applications by 20% and tripled email response rates for Financial Partners Credit Union
- Developed company-wide processes and best-practices that would lay the path for an inclusive, unique remote work environment
"Most designers simply take direction and bring few original ideas to the table. That's not Matt’s gig. He has creative vision and the chops to support it. When you hire Matt you don't have to sweat quality or deadlines. He’s going to kill it. Every. Time."
"Matt gets results. We saw a 20% improvement in applications after he redesigned our website, and a tripling of email response rates. Not only does he do great design that pays for itself, but he makes it fun. A strategic partner that you enjoy working with—it doesn’t get better than that!"
"Yes he does beautiful design. Yes he writes squeaky-clean code. But the thing that makes him so special is how darn easy he is to work with. Can you really have it all? Apparently with Matt."
"It is an absolute pleasure working with Matt. His design eye is top notch and he always know how to bring a flair of creativity."
"We all appreciate the incredible job you have done on the site. It’s so smooth and snappy and beautiful, and we’ve really been enjoying all the positive feedback we’ve been getting from our customers. Thanks so much for all the hard work!"